The objectives of the Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier Club of America, Inc. (SCWTCA) shall be:
- to bring to perfection the natural qualities of the Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier.
- to encourage the organization of independent local Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier Specialty Clubs in those localities where there are sufficient fanciers of the breed to meet the requirements of the American Kennel Club.
- to urge members and breeders to accept the Standard of the breed as approved by The American Kennel Club as the only standard of excellence by which Soft Coated Wheaten Terriers shall be judge.
- to do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the breed and to encourage sportsmanlike competition at dog shows and obedience trials.
- to conduct sanctioned matches, specialty shows and obedience trials under the rule of The American Kennel Club.
- to guard against the commercial exploitation of the Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier.
- to accept and abide by the Code of Ethics of the Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier Club of America.