On Becoming a SCWTCA Member…
Are you interested in becoming a member of SCWTCA, Inc? As such, you will be expected to share our profound commitment to preserve and protect the Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier. This includes the advancement of responsible ownership, breeding, and training of the pure-bred Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier, along with sportsmanship considered above reproach, when involved in competitive dog activities. You will also be expected to adhere to the SCWTCA Code of Ethics.
Membership is open to all who are in good standing with the American Kennel Club, those who support the commitments and objectives of the Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier Club of America and who subscribe to the Constitution & Bylaws and Code of Ethics of SCWTCA, Inc.
Before applying, please read the Code of Ethics thoroughly to ensure that you both understand and are willing to abide by them.
The following procedures will start you on your way:
- Please complete the application below. We also have a hard copy application (link) If you need an application mailed to you contact our Membership Chair at email@example.com
- The application forms can be filled out electronically and/or printed directly from your computer, but with dual applications, each member of the household must complete their respective portion.
- Applicants need to identify what Membership Type is sought.
- Applicants must be sponsored by SCWTCA member(s) in good standing.
- Individual, Dual and International memberships require Sponsor Forms from two (2) SCWTCA members in good standing who have been personally well acquainted with you for at least two (2) years prior to the application. Individual Annual Membership $35,00, Annual Joint Membership $50. Annual International Dues: $35
- Associate memberships require Sponsor Forms from one (1) SCWTCA sponsor that has known you for at least one (1) year. Annual Associate Membership $25.
- Junior memberships require Sponsor Forms from one (1) SCWTCA sponsor that has known you for at least two (2) years. Annual Dues $25
- On this form, sponsors must be able to attest to your integrity, reliability, and good practices as a responsible dog owner or breeder. (Other guidelines below.)
- Applicants must have OFA numbers or PennHIP ratings, PLN Variant Gene Test results and current CERF Registry numbers for all of your dogs over two (2) years old unless you indicate that you do not intend to breed them.
- The Application for Membership and all Sponsor forms must be completed within six (6) months of each other and must be submitted simultaneously to the Membership Chair.
- Upon receipt of the complete application and sponsor forms, applications will be published online to SCWTCA membership a minimum of thirty (30) days prior to being reviewed by the SCWTCA Board for possible admittance to the Club.
Additional Guidelines: Each sponsor must submit a separate form. Sponsors may be the same for each applicant, but no two members of the same household or two immediate family members or two Board Members may sponsor an applicant. Sponsors will find the form in the Members Only Section of the website.